Student News!

Bill Muldowney contacted me a few days ago to let me know that he had been short-listed in the Wildlife Artist Of The Year competition and so I asked Bill if he would write a piece of our student news blog. I am thrilled to have had Bill as a student and I know that he is going to be very successful with his artwork. Have a read of his post below and visit his website to see more of his artwork.

——————————————————-

Hi everyone, I though I would just write a little bit to say what I was doing since I completed my course with The London Art College. Also to let you know that if you are doing a course here you are in the right place!

I completed the coloured pencil course with Melanie  a couple of years ago now and achieved a distinction. I have been drawing seriously since (as much as you can while having a ‘day job’).  I have experimented with mixed medium but now work exclusively with Graphite and Charcoal for finished pieces (although I do use coloured pencils and pastel for sketches) .  Recently I had a drawing short-listed for the Wildlife Artist Of The Year (Best of the Best) organised by the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation.  My drawing was displayed at the Mall Galleries in London and I attended an ‘Invitation only’ evening in June.  For someone who had only sold one drawing before this and started drawing ‘seriously’ quite late you can imagine how exciting it was.

Because of all of this I have also taken the plunge and written my own website (www.billmuldowneyart.com), this was quite daunting initially and although it is quite basic it is a very satisfying feeling. Unfortunately I can see myself constantly fiddling with it !

I must say apart from the superb tuition one of the main things I got from the course was discipline.  Having assignments to complete and having targets in my case  helped me improve at a rate that I was happy with rather than just ‘treading water’.  I have continued setting targets for myself and this is helping me improve more ( I don’t always reach them but I need to have something to strive for)

I hope you enjoy your course here and if you put the effort in you will  definitely benefit.

Good luck
Bill

One of Bill Muldowney’s Pencil Portraits

1 thought on “Student News!