4th December – February 2011
Deadline for submissions 23rd October 2010
Through its annual open exhibition opportunities, Orleans House Gallery in Twickenham helps artists both locally and nationally to showcase their work in group exhibitions. Each year, over 500 individual artists (excluding those participating in Arthouse) exhibit work in a range of open exhibitions across three galleries – Orleans and Stables Galleries, Twickenham and the Riverside Gallery in Richmond.
In 2010, we have further opportunities for you to submit artwork for an exhibition at the Riverside Gallery, Picturing Science. Scientists use an abstract language of signs to visualize and explain the invisible forces, relationships and processes which make up our world. Artists similarly create images to transmit and analyse meaning. The theme of this exhibition is the collision, intersection and contamination of these two systems of representation. Any media (prints, photos, paintings, objects, sculptures, film) and style are considered.
- Artists can submit up to 5 original works. Artworks must be submitted as high resolution jpeg files on a CD, with accompanying A4 sized photographic prints or colour printouts. Original artwork will not be accepted.
- Please clearly label each submission with: artist’s name, title of work, date, media, approximate size and price before commission if the work is for sale (the gallery adds 40% of the artist price for commission + VAT).
- In addition, please enclose contact details, an artist’s statement and CV.
- There is a £10.00 administration charge (which also contributes towards exhibition costs); £7.50 concessions (please include proof). Please make cheques payable to ‘L.B.R.U.T’. Your submission will not be accepted without payment.
- If you would like images returned, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Successful artists will be contacted by email or in writing approximately two weeks after the deadline. Any queries, please email curator Mark De Novellis at email@example.com Or call 020 8831 6000. Orleans House Gallery, Riverside, Twickenham, TW1 3DJ
Mark De Novellis
Curator of Exhibitions and Collections
Education, Children’s and Cultural Services
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
Orleans House Gallery
Riverside, Twickenham, TW1 3DJ