We have had an email from ABA Art in Palma de Mallorca who are looking for a trainee who has a background, or is a student of communication-, graphic-, industrial-, or interior-design. The information about the job is below and if anyone is interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to work in a gallery? love to explore art & design abroad? like to learn about event organisation? enjoy working in a young, motivated team?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all these questions, you probably should contact ABA…
The gallery ABA Art is situated in the heart of Palma de Mallorca. It is a space dedicated to the promotion and
commercialisation of original art works by young artists. Our interest is contemporary art in all its expressions. We
create a platform for promoting young artists and a meeting point between reality, creativity, reflection; between
artists, art collectors and art lovers. Our exhibitions take place both inside and outside the gallery. Our work field
concerns exhibitions, art projects and events around art.
We are searching for new a trainee designer who will be a full member of the team and participate in all tasks within the gallery. The internship offers you an insight in the world of art and galleries and the role of a graphic designer within them. There will be time to develop your own projects within the gallery besides the daily tasks.
The main tasks are: designing printed flyers and invitations, web invitations, posters, exhibition catalogues, updating website, creating vinyl titles for exhibitions, designing advertisements for magazines and other publications, preparing presentations to show clients design proposals (hotels, bars, private properties) and a diverse range of other projects from logos to signage.
Start: 1st June 2009
Duration: 6-9 months
• You should get a scholarship within the Leonardo da Vinci Programme
The person we are looking for is…
• studying or has completed a course in graphic design, interior design, or design decoration.
• creative and appreciates art, especially Contemporary Art.
• social and open.
• someone who likes to work in a young motivated team, doesn’t hesitate to give personal inputs and
enforces the directors with the gained knowledge during the studies.
• able to fulfil the tasks mentioned above.
• can work independently.
• fluent in English, speaks German, and has knowledge of Spanish.
• familiar with the computer programs: Photoshop, Illustrator/Freehand, InDesign, Microsoft Office.
• has at least one experience of studying/working abroad.